By joining Scrap City, you agree to follow the listed rules. Breaking these rules may result in a warning, suspension, or ban, depending on the severity of the rule-breaking. These rules are subject to change at any time. General Rules
- Be respectful. This is the biggest and most important rule. You shouldn’t insult or attack other members or create a hostile environment for them. If you have a conflict with a user that you can’t resolve on your own, feel free to talk to staff about it.
- This forum is rated PG-13. Explicit sexual content or extreme violence is not allowed both in or out of character on the forum. You are free to roleplay these scenarios off the forum, and you can imply events have occurred with a jump-cut or “fade to black”.
What constitutes "mature content" can be found at this link.
- There are no post length requirements in effect. However, please put your best effort into your posts, no matter what their length.
- Please write your posts in third person format.
- You are allowed to be in multiple threads at any point. If you plan to do so, keeping track of your character’s timeline with a thread in the tracker board is highly recommended.
- Avoid “bad roleplay” as outlined and defined in this Bad Roleplay Guide. This includes but is not limited to godmoding, powerplay, and metagaming.
- Keep IC and OOC opinions separate. People are not their characters, and any disagreements that happen in roleplay should not carry over to your other interactions.
- Scrap City is an account per player forum.
- Your character must be reviewed and accepted by a staff member before you can begin playing. If a profile needs extra attention, you will be sent a PM with what needs changing. Once you made the changes, notify the same staff member.
- There is no limit on how many characters you can have, but remember that quality is better than quantity.
- To drop a character, post in the Inactive Characters thread. Inactive character profiles can be reactivated at any time.
- If registering a dropped canon character, you may choose to retain their forum timeline, or you can start fresh.
- It is recommended (but not required) that you list your character profiles in your forum signature for the convenience of others.
- Scrap City is a panfandom allowing both canon characters from existing media, and original characters from both existing and original content. Original characters can also be from the "real world", with all the meta knowledge that entails.
- Original characters from existing media can not have existing relationships with canon characters.