Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

> I walk around the heart of it, Martin seeks answers (and food)
JustCallMeNick
 Posted: Jan 11 2018, 06:04 PM
>quote
Resident
173 posts 11/30/17
N/A years Male
Offline


Martin started his egress at a wonderfully brisk pace, but now staggered along, away from Toytown. He was, more or less, right back where he started. The pounding in his head, the feverishness, the haunting visions, and the continual nagging of his thirst, all of it was back, with a vengeance.

And on top of it all, his plans for the evening had changed. First order of business: put as much distance between himself, and his would-be assassin as possible.

While that girl-- what was her name again? Susan?

No, it had more of a long I sound to it.

Was it Irene? Or, maybe Eileen? That felt right, but maybe it was just that song he had stuck in his head. No.. that probably wasn't it.

Eiko! That was her name. While Eiko was still around Toytown, he couldn't risk going back to his room, in case she found him again. Not only could he not detect her, which was troubling enough in its own right, she also had abilities that made a straight fight a rather dubious prospect, at best.

Sure, he could probably deal with it, if he understood how it worked. But that would take time, and he highly doubted that she would be gracious enough to let him study her. And besides, that little scrap they had (if you could call it that) cost him the use of his arm, at least for the moment, and a worrying amount of blood, so he wasn't really in any shape to make a run for it again if she managed to corner him.

He looks at the bloody tire iron in his hand, the one the pissed-off cabby had struck her with, and a rather strange thought occurs to him.

He licks it, just a little bit, and makes a note of the taste (bittersweet, almost like dark chocolate, and slightly metallic), and consistency (unremarkable)-- but most particularly, the smell. The scent, he commits to memory. Maybe he couldn't counter her abilities just yet, but at least now he knew what to look out for.

He smirks. "Good luck getting the drop on me again, Eiko."

But still, he felt bad about just taking off. He really didn't feel right leaving that poor woman he was feeding on in an alleyway like he did-- though he wondered if Eiko didn't find it more practical to just cut her down when he compelled her to throw herself at Eiko.

And, jeez, why did he torture himself like that? He felt bad enough as is, no need to fill his own head with the worst-case scenario! He was sure she was (probably) fine, and would wake up a little groggy, a little wet and cold, and a tiny bit worse for wear, but otherwise perfectly alive, and-- and, Oh God, who was he kidding? When hadn't compelling someone gotten them killed? Damn it all!

He had wandered straight into Capital Hill now, and in his navel-gazing, had completely ignored it all. Until, suddenly, his is pulled from his thoughts by the sound of a loud siren.

He turns to see an ambulance racing by, lights flashing brightly. Another thought occurs to him-- and he's kicking himself for not thinking of it earlier. It was so simple!

"I should go to the hospital."

--------------------
>pm >email
^
Salter
 Posted: Feb 6 2018, 09:19 AM
>quote
Newbie
11 posts 02/06/18
N/A years Male
Offline


"I'm dead sticking here, got now joy, no joy!" A flash of blue light illuminated the cockpit, and Salter could see clearly the cracks spreading across the canopy.

Her fighter swung across the bow of the Phoenix, missiles flying past her and slamming into its hull, debris flinging off and slamming against her Jackal. One of it's two engines was out, and the remaining one was flickering, shooting long tongues of white flame.

She struggled with the controls, arcing down and around the ship, flying dangerously close to the hull. "One-One, do you copy? Transmitting in the blind, I repeat, One-O-" A missile swung my, and got just close enough, it's proximity fuse detonating the warhead just above the cockpit. Shrapnel tore through the glass, and ripping through parts of her flight suit. The fighter jerked to the side, and drove straight into the side of the Phoenix.

She wasn't in it.

Nora was falling, straight down between multiple buildings. Audibly gasping, she twisted in the air, triggering thrusters in her boost pack just before hitting the ground, landing with a loud thud before falling forwards, disoriented.
>pm
^
JustCallMeNick
 Posted: Feb 6 2018, 09:59 AM
>quote
Resident
173 posts 11/30/17
N/A years Male
Offline


Martin trudged along, focused singlemindedly on reaching the hospital, and raiding its blood bank. He needed it so badly. Nothing else mattered right now, just the sweet, hot, sticky taste o--

He didn't notice the woman falling from the sky until she hit the ground right in front of him with a loud THUD. He jumps back, startled, nearly dropping his glasses. He manages to catch them in time, and re-situates them on his face, and peers cautiously at the downed lady. She's wearing some kind of tattered flight uniform, and he could see cuts here and there.

There was blood. The smell.. Oh god! How it sang to him. He could hear the beating of her heart. Still alive. Still fres--

He shakes his head. "Get a grip, Marty!" he thinks. He takes a deep breath, and approaches, slowly, to check if she's conscious. If not, maybe he can use that as a distraction at the hospital. It didn't sit right with him to just leave her on the pavement like that, after all, and he was willing to hold off on the fresh stuff for now, if it meant easier feeding later. And blood bags weren't guarded by people with blood powers, so it couldn't possibly get any easier than that.

--------------------
>pm >email
^
Salter
 Posted: Feb 6 2018, 10:26 AM
>quote
Newbie
11 posts 02/06/18
N/A years Male
Offline


Nora pushed herself up, cursing as she felt metal scraping against her skin. She sat up, pulling her helmet off with her uninjured hand. Glancing at the shattered visor, she threw it to the side, before glancing at her arm.

The was a sizable shard of grey metal imbedded into her forearm, a line of blood rolling down the edge of it and dripping to the floor.

"Christ..." She looked up, glancing around, but didn't spot Martin just behind her. "Where the hell am I?" Looking back down at her arm, blood still dripping, she pulled a small black box out of a pocket, flipping it open and pointing it at the wound.

>pm
^
JustCallMeNick
 Posted: Feb 6 2018, 11:07 AM
>quote
Resident
173 posts 11/30/17
N/A years Male
Offline


The woman is conscious, and seems to no-sell the large shard of metal embedded in her arm. She was a tough bird, he'd give her that. She pulls a small black box out of her pocket, and points it at her arm. He had no idea what the device was, or what it did, but he was curious to see it in action.

But that would have to wait. His thirst demanded his attention, and unless he felt like attacking her in plain view of everyone, he'd have to get this show on the road.

"Excuse me, miss?" he asks. "Are you alright?"

--------------------
>pm >email
^
Salter
 Posted: Feb 6 2018, 11:59 AM
>quote
Newbie
11 posts 02/06/18
N/A years Male
Offline


She was just about to press a small button on one end of the device when she jumped, turning and getting up at the same time, wobbling unsteadily.

She brushed at her face, wiping a shard of glass away before steadying herself. "Well. No. I'm not okay." She raised her arm, grimacing. "I got a piece of spaceship in one of my arms, pretty sure there are a bunch of other smaller bits in other places as well." She glanced up at sky. "And I don't see a star in the sky..." She frowned, her mind already racing. She wasn't exactly sure where she was or what exactly was wrong with the sky, but trying to keep herself calm was difficult.
>pm
^
JustCallMeNick
 Posted: Feb 6 2018, 12:23 PM
>quote
Resident
173 posts 11/30/17
N/A years Male
Offline


"I can see that." he says calmly. "Perhaps you'd like to go to the hospital nearby, then? I'm on my way there, myself." He gestures at the arm hanging limply at his side. "Normally, I'd call an ambulance for something like this, but I can't seem to get a signal on my phone."

Of course, he could ask for someone to call for him. Common sense would dictate that just about everyone had a phone on them, and his hope in human kindness dictated that at least one of them would try to do the right thing.

But these people.. Well, there was something very wrong with them. Their auras didn't even flicker when they saw him staggering down the street, and it seemed to him that they would be pretty okay with the idea of someone collapsing in the streets right in front of them. Not even New Yorkers were that heartless-- and they could be pretty uncaring. There were always payphones, but he didn't have money at the moment, and he highly doubted that the lady who, quite literally, fell from the sky did either.

"I see you can stand up. Can you walk? You might have to."

--------------------
>pm >email
^
Salter
 Posted: Feb 6 2018, 01:08 PM
>quote
Newbie
11 posts 02/06/18
N/A years Male
Offline


She glanced at his arm, raising an eyebrow. "I'm sure I can walk, Sir. What happened to you?" Slipping the device back into her pocket, she took a step forward, looking him up and down. An interesting character, she thought.

Stooping down to pick up her helmet, she turned her head to the city around her. glancing around. The cityscape was strange, and Nora was fighting the urge to look up to the sky again.

"Also...where is the hospital?"
>pm
^
JustCallMeNick
 Posted: Feb 6 2018, 07:24 PM
>quote
Resident
173 posts 11/30/17
N/A years Male
Offline


"Got myself stabbed. The streets are a bit dangerous at night. It's okay though, just have to get myself patched up." he says. It occurs to him that he probably shouldn't downplay the injury so much. Might creep the lady out.

Ah, well, too late.

She was staring him down right now, regarding him with some interest-- interest that, he felt, was a bit unwarranted. It was certainly awkward. He had to wonder what it was that compelled people in this weird City to give him a thorough inspection whenever he tried speaking to them.

He pushes his glasses up, causing the glare from the streetlights to obscure his eyes.

"The hospital," he says, "Should be just up ahead." He points up the street.

He was tempted to ask her to accompany him, but didn't. He didn't need to, really. He could just leave her to walk by herself, and go about her business, while he went about his. Still, the thought of just leaving her there, alone in a strange city, and hurt didn't sit right with him.

In spite of himself, he changed his mind.

"I don't suppose you'd like to come with me, would you? Travelling by myself hasn't really worked out for me tonight."

--------------------
>pm >email
^
Salter
 Posted: Feb 7 2018, 04:25 AM
>quote
Newbie
11 posts 02/06/18
N/A years Male
Offline


She nodded, looking up the street.

"I see no reason for us to not accompany each other. I'm sure it's for the best...I'm not very sure how...sane I am right now. And-" She gestured at her side, where a pistol sat in a holster.

"I'd think most wouldn't walk up to someone visibly armed."

She was interested in Martins appearance. He seemed friendly, but she just felt the strangest feeling. Paler than anyone she's every seen. But this entire place seemed so very strange.
>pm
^
JustCallMeNick
 Posted: Feb 7 2018, 01:55 PM
>quote
Resident
173 posts 11/30/17
N/A years Male
Offline


He nods. "Yeah, I could see that scaring off a few people."

He feels his right arm twitch. The blood was almost gone, and yet the body was still determined to repair itself. Fascinating. Also, slightly troubling. He'd have to step things up, and get to the blood bank, fast.

"I don't know about you, but I'm starting to feel a bit woozy." he says, swaying uncertainly on his unsteady legs. "We should probably get a move on."

He staggers ahead, and trips. His head hits the sidewalk, and he briefly sees stars. "This has to stop happening." he thinks. Or, at least he would think that, if he hadn't eaten pavement, and his thirst wasn't as bad as it was.

He groans, and raises his good arm weakly, giving a rather feeble thumbs-up. He wants her to think he's still good-- even if it's becoming very clear that certainly isn't. He tries to get up, but can't. It's like his limbs are made of jello.

"Alright..." he says, after trying to get up two more times. "Hate to trouble you, but I might need hand."

He briefly wonders if God was listening, and if He was, if it was possible to make this shitty night end already.

--------------------
>pm >email
^
Salter
 Posted: Feb 8 2018, 05:50 AM
>quote
Newbie
11 posts 02/06/18
N/A years Male
Offline


She shook her head and took a knee, pulling at the mans arm with a hand.

"Who long ago were you stabbed?" She pulled his good arm over her shoulder, and struggled to bring him up. "Why the hell has this guy been...what the hell? She shook her head again, thoroughly confused. "I think we should get to that hospital very, very quickly."
>pm
^
JustCallMeNick
 Posted: Feb 8 2018, 11:13 AM
>quote
Resident
173 posts 11/30/17
N/A years Male
Offline


"I dunno, about an hour ago? Maybe two? It's actually very lucky that you're here. Don't think I would have made it on my own..Damn blood loss." he says.

She suggests the obvious. "Capital idea! Let's get on that, before I pass out, or something." he says.

They staggered along, heading toward the hospital. Martin's vision was starting to dim, and that could only mean that Torpor was setting in. Not good. Fortunately, his new-found friend there was moving them both along at a pretty nice clip-- certainly faster than he was going on his own. Plus, she had a sidearm, which made dealing with obstacles just that much easier. With that, the odds were much better that he would make it in time, and that was very good.

"So.. I don't mean to pry, but, um, what does that black box thing do? I saw you using it earlier, but I don't think I've seen anything like it." he says. The conversation, he thought, would help keep him focused on something, at least, and satisfy his curiosity to boot.


--------------------
>pm >email
^
Salter
 Posted: Feb 8 2018, 11:24 AM
>quote
Newbie
11 posts 02/06/18
N/A years Male
Offline


"It networks with my suit sensors. Tells me what's wrong with my body. Generally it pops up on the visor but it's broken. Obviously." She tilted her head, adjusting her arm. "Didn't turn it on, though."

Pain pulsed up her arm as she staggered down the street, the adrenaline in her system dissipating. "Damn...quick question. Why aren't there any stars?"
>pm
^
JustCallMeNick
 Posted: Feb 8 2018, 02:56 PM
>quote
Resident
173 posts 11/30/17
N/A years Male
Offline


He nods. That was an interesting device.

He looks up. Sure enough, there weren't any stars. He hadn't noticed it earlier, with the cloud-cover and everything.

He shrugs. "Light pollution, I guess. I take it you've never spent a lot of time in a big city, then?"

He noticed that her pace was beginning to slow. That was not good. But, they were close. Just another two blocks, and they were home free. They just had to hold out. That would be very difficult to do on his end, but he wanted to believe that she could pull through. In the meantime, he had to stay awake.

--------------------
>pm >email
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 3  ReplyNew TopicNew Poll


 


 


Affiliates
RPG-D
Tranquil v.1 Skin © Chakka 2008 // For Support Visit Here