Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

> New Arrival
Foolish Spark
 Posted: Dec 8 2017, 07:37 AM
>quote
Insane Wannabe Author
35 posts 12/06/17
N/A years Male (he/him)

As Neku began to wake up, he noticed that his head felt a bit fuzzy, and he couldn’t remember falling asleep or being knocked unconscious. That was already a bad sign in his book, considering what happened to him last time he was in such a situation.

As he pushed himself up and looked around, Neku discovered that, yes, he was indeed in an entirely different location then where he remembered being before he apparently fell unconscious. Neku's eyes widened a bit as he realized something else due to his observations. "Wait a second. This park...I'm pretty sure there isn't a park like this in Shibuya." Neku put a hand to his chin in thought. "Does that mean I'm in another part of Tokyo, then?" Neku looks around, trying to get a better idea of where he was. He seemed to've woken up in a gazebo, and there was rain falling from an overcast sky. From what little he could tell with the sky being as overcast as it was, it still seemed to be daytime, though he couldn't tell when in the daytime. "Weird. Last I checked, the news didn't say anything about rain today."

As Neku looked around, he slid his hands into his pockets and noticed something. He grabbed this something and pulled it out of his pocket, and when he opened his hand to look at it, his eyes widened at what he saw. "A Player Pin!?" He took another quick look around, then turned his gaze back to the Pin. "Does this mean I'm dead again? But that doesn't make any sense. I was in Shibuya last I remember, so if I really was in the Reapers' Game again, I should've woken up at the Scramble Crossing, not a random park outside of Shibuya."

As Neku looked around, he noticed someone with an umbrella and a hooded red rain jacket coming towards the gazebo. He slipped the Player Pin back into his pocket, and once the person was under the roof of the gazebo, they closed their umbrella and slipped their jacket’s hood down, revealing themselves to be a woman with tied back, frizzy brown hair. She finally noticed Neku after she took off her hood and said, “Oh, hi. Didn’t notice you there.” She took a moment to study him, then said, “I’m pretty sure I’ve never seen you around here before, and I cut through the park every day on my way home. You new or something?”

Neku’s eyes widened a bit when she said that. “You can tell?” To himself, he thought, “She can see me, and considering the fact that she’s not asking me to make a Pact or anything, I think I can safely assume I’m not in the Reapers’ Game.”

The woman nodded at that. “Yeah, it’s pretty easy. You’ve just got this...vibe, really. So, you’re a Resident, then?”

Neku raised an eyebrow at that. “Uh, wouldn’t that be you? Don’t you live around here? Also, where is here? I’m still in Tokyo, right?”

The woman slaps her forehead at that. “Right, I forgot. You’re new, so of course you wouldn’t know anything. Look, it’s complicated, and I’ve gotta book it back home, so we’re gonna have to make this quick. Long story short, Resident is a term for people who come here from...other places, or something along those lines. That’s the simple explanation. You’ll have to get the details from someone else. As for where we are, this is the City. No other name. Sorry, kid, but wherever you’re from, you’re a long way from there, to say the very least.” She then took out what Neku recognized as some kind of phone and looked at it. “Damn, gotta hurry.” She then puts her hood back up and opens her umbrella, continuing, “Sorry, kid, but I don’t have any more time to answer questions. One quick bit of advice, though: find a place either indoors or with a lot of light to stay before nightfall. Trust me, you do not wanna be out at night if you can help it.”

Neku tried to stop her, exclaiming, “Hey, wait a second!” but it was too late. The woman had already left and was making her way out of the park, and while Neku did attempt to follow her, he quickly lost sight of her due to her rushing along. “Damn it. Well, there goes the first person I’ve met here.” Neku took a moment to ponder what she’d told him. “She sounded like she was in a hurry. More than that, she sounded pretty serious when she said I should find a place to stay before nightfall. Hmmm...well, that probably is the best idea right now. I guess I’d better get moving.” With that, Neku started looking around. “Now, how do I get out of this park…?”

--------------------
Neku Sakuraba: "If we don't clash, we don't change...the world ends at my borders!"
>pm
^
eagerDigger
 Posted: Dec 8 2017, 07:53 AM
>quote
Resident
Civil Planner
301 posts 06/16/17
N/A years He/Him

Neku could see another indicator of how..different his situation was, as when he searched for a way out of the park it was plainly obvious that in the shade of the trees there was a figure that seemed straight out of an anime. A tall humanoid robot, buried waist deep in the ground with an oddly soulful air to it as it watched the sky.

The machine looked down as Neku, and seemed to with its expressionless face be studying him.

"Another child of man...Hello, young organic." It said as it turned its attention back to the sky. "It's a beautiful day, isn't it?"
>pm
^
Foolish Spark
 Posted: Dec 8 2017, 08:12 AM
>quote
Insane Wannabe Author
35 posts 12/06/17
N/A years Male (he/him)

Neku was taken aback by what he was seeing. He'd seen plenty of weird things during the Reapers' Game, but this was a first. Still, he reminded himself that this was no time to panic. After taking a breath to calm himself down, he took a moment to consider the what the robot said, looking up at the sky himself. "Not sure I'd call it a beautiful day myself, honestly. The sky's pretty overcast, after all." He then shrugged and continued, "Still, to each their own." Neku then asked, "Sooo...not to be rude, but who or what exactly are you? You're apparently a robot, just from the looks of you, but that's about all I can tell."

--------------------
Neku Sakuraba: "If we don't clash, we don't change...the world ends at my borders!"
>pm
^
eagerDigger
 Posted: Dec 8 2017, 08:50 AM
>quote
Resident
Civil Planner
301 posts 06/16/17
N/A years He/Him

"I...am many things, but my designation at my construction was Cruiser Tetron. I'm indeed a robot. Specifically, an outdated warmachine. It is a long story, and one that would surely not interest you. I'm much like you, I would imagine. Not many would question my presence here...so you must have come from another place like me. The machine has an oddly...melancholy and aged tone to its synthesized, deep, echoing voice. "Gloominess is beautiful in its own way, I think. A dark sky could be comforting more than a bright sun to a few. In any case, if you are indeed an outsider like me, I would suggest finding a way to get yourself settled here. I've already surmised that there is little else besides the City to turn to,
especially if my theory is true."
>pm
^
Foolish Spark
 Posted: Dec 8 2017, 09:07 AM
>quote
Insane Wannabe Author
35 posts 12/06/17
N/A years Male (he/him)

Neku raised an eyebrow at all of this. He noticed the melancholy and decided to leave it be...for now, anyway. He'd try to help with that later, if possible. For now, though, he needed information on the City, and fast, according to that woman he met earlier. "Well, if we're sharing names, mine's Neku Sakuraba. So, what do you mean when you say I'd better get settled in? What's your theory? Also, if you don't mind me asking, why do I need to get someplace indoors or with a lot of light before nightfall? A woman I met earlier said it was a bad idea to not be in a place like one of those at night, but she was in too much of a hurry to tell me why."

--------------------
>pm
^
eagerDigger
 Posted: Dec 8 2017, 06:30 PM
>quote
Resident
Civil Planner
301 posts 06/16/17
N/A years He/Him

"Well, my theory is simple. I believe that I have witnessed the end of all things. As far as my sensors could tell, all heat and light in the universe died out. Thus, this City must on some level beyond that. And what is most worrying is that if all truly did end, then there is nowhere to leave to. As such...This may be our home for the foreseeable future. The mecha said, its hands on the ground as it's eyes meet Neku's...bright yellow in worn metal visage of a machine built to destroy.

"The moon is a cruel mistress. I have been exposed to its light over the nights, and it tries to seduce you into a deep hatred and depression. As well, the natives become aggressive towards outsiders like us. I am fine with this, but you may be more fragile."

Tetron does bear a lot of scars on his chassis, burn marks, gunshots, slash marks...
>pm
^
Foolish Spark
 Posted: Dec 8 2017, 07:26 PM
>quote
Insane Wannabe Author
35 posts 12/06/17
N/A years Male (he/him)

Neku was taken aback by what Tetron said. "The end of all things!? Is this guy serious!? But that'd mean...!" Neku then shook his head in an attempt to focus himself and calm down. "No. There's no time to think about that right now. Considering what he said about the moon, I've got other things to worry about at the moment."

Neku then replied to what Tetron told him, saying, "Thanks for the information. If that's the case, I'd better find a safe location before the moon comes out." Neku took a look around after saying that. "So, any idea which way I should go to get out of this park? I'd appreciate any help I could get in that regard. Also, any idea how long I've got before the moon actually comes out? I'd check my cellphone, but I'm not sure if it would even work here, let alone be accurately telling time."

--------------------
>pm
^
eagerDigger
 Posted: Dec 8 2017, 07:45 PM
>quote
Resident
Civil Planner
301 posts 06/16/17
N/A years He/Him

It is mid-day. I can lead you with one of my avatar bodies out. Your phone should work, I have noticed that at least some of the communications arrays are compatible. Though. I do not guarantee any you call or message will pick up. Tetron's lights dim, and something bubbles on their body...The chassis forming a liquid metal humanoid form, a man-sized machine that floats...a minor microcosm of Tetron, free and capable of movement.

Allow me. The avatar starts floating towards a direction in the park.
>pm
^
Foolish Spark
 Posted: Dec 8 2017, 08:36 PM
>quote
Insane Wannabe Author
35 posts 12/06/17
N/A years Male (he/him)

Neku, though a bit shocked at Tetron forming a miniature version of himself, nodded in response to what he said. "Thanks for the help. Same with the info. I'll see if I can't stop by again later." Neku then followed the avatar to the outside of the park, taking out his phone to check what Tetron said. Sure enough, he was getting signal, and the clock read mid-day, just like Tetron said. "Well, good to know this is still working. Still, what Tetron said..." Neku shook his head again. "Don't focus on that right now, Neku. Focus on something else for the moment."

He put his phone back into his pocket, coincidentally brushing his hand across something else in his pocket while doing so. Pulling out what he brushed his hand across, he once again saw the Player Pin in his hand. "I wonder where this came from." On a whim, he decided to pin the Player Pin onto his shirt. "Maybe it'll come in handy later." He then turned his gaze onto the (comparatively) miniature Tetron leading him. "Hey, if you don't mind me asking, how close are we to the edge of the park?"

--------------------
>pm
^
eagerDigger
 Posted: Dec 10 2017, 09:11 PM
>quote
Resident
Civil Planner
301 posts 06/16/17
N/A years He/Him

"We have arrived. Do not be concerned about my statements, by the way. I am just an old,
old soul with a lot of sour stories to tell. If you require assistance, I can follow. After all...it is not as if my current status is perilous, or busy. "

It could detect a strange aura from the young boy. It was definitely strange enough to warrant his initial judgement..not from this place.
>pm
^
Foolish Spark
 Posted: Dec 10 2017, 09:49 PM
>quote
Insane Wannabe Author
35 posts 12/06/17
N/A years Male (he/him)

Neku blinked in surprise at Tetron. "Oh. Well, thanks." After taking a second to think about Tetron's offer, he replied, "Well, if you're alright with it, why not? I could probably use all the help I could get around here. Just gimme a second to look around before we keep going."

Neku then began to look around the area they were in. There were a few other people there, probably locals. As he thought out their next move, Neku began to subconsciously fiddle with the Player Pin he had pinned to his shirt. Suddenly, an all-too-familiar feeling passed over him. Neku felt his consciousness expanding to encompass the surrounding area, and he could hear what he knew had to be the thoughts of the other people that were here aside from him and Tetron.

Neku was startled by this development, and immediately let go of the Player Pin, cancelling the effect. "Wait, did I just use the Player Pin's Scan ability!? But how!? Player Pins are only supposed to work in the UG!" Neku once again looked down at the Player Pin he'd attached to his shirt, and continued to think, "Damn, this just makes things even more confusing! What is this place!?" Neku once again shook his head at this thought. "Damn it. I've gotta find a place where I can start to try and figure all of this out. I need to start trying to make sense of all of this!" Neku then remembered once again that Tetron had been here longer than he had and said, "Hey, Tetron, I've got another question for you. I know it's out of the blue, but I need to know: do people that aren't from this place usually have something that sets them apart from the locals? Special abilities or anything like that? You're obviously different from the people here, but I'm not sure whether you're an exception to the rule or not."

--------------------
>pm
^
eagerDigger
 Posted: Dec 13 2017, 09:02 PM
>quote
Resident
Civil Planner
301 posts 06/16/17
N/A years He/Him

That is how I was able to identify you as an outsider so readily. You had strange signatures of energy I was unable to parse except in comparison to similar signatures from other outsiders, and the more mysterious phenomena of my years. You will find that those who have been shipwrecked in this island, on the sea of starless night are much like you. Some were born into strange worlds and stranded here, their powers remnants of their history. Some were from a place like this, but more...mundane. Yet, they changed. Some simply ARE. Much like myself. You will not be at a loss to tell. There is a palpable air. As if they were islands onto themselves.

He mused.
The thoughts of the cityfolk were as easily accessible as in the UG, too...
Of course. That is just an old machine's theories...
>pm
^
Foolish Spark
 Posted: Dec 13 2017, 09:25 PM
>quote
Insane Wannabe Author
35 posts 12/06/17
N/A years Male (he/him)

"I see. I'll make sure to remember that." As Neku said this, he thought about something for a moment. If he could use the Player Pin, did that mean he could use Psychs again? The answer was probably yes, but it would probably be a good idea to test this when he had the chance. At the moment, though, he was more concerned with getting somewhere safe. No point in taking unnecessary risks on his first day here. "So, another question. Any specific place you'd suggest I should head to keep myself safe from the effect of the moon? Preferably someplace where I won't have to pay money to keep from getting kicked out, if possible. I'm new, so I'm pretty sure I don't have whatever they use for money around here."

--------------------
>pm
^
eagerDigger
 Posted: Dec 13 2017, 09:40 PM
>quote
Resident
Civil Planner
301 posts 06/16/17
N/A years He/Him

Making money isn't difficult. There are public buildings such as libraries that are open throughout the night. You could find a place to sleep there. I believe that even if you simply sold your money as a collectible it could be worth something. Just in case, however, Tetron was leading down the street towards the Capitol Hill...he believed that there would be the most help. There was a small hitch, however. The road ahead was blocked off..something burst open the road and exposed the under-city.

That. Could present issue.
>pm
^
Foolish Spark
 Posted: Dec 13 2017, 09:54 PM
>quote
Insane Wannabe Author
35 posts 12/06/17
N/A years Male (he/him)

Neku immediately saw what Tetron meant and replied, "Well, isn't that just wonderful?" He then began to look around for another path and asked, "Hey, Tetron, is there another way nearby to wherever you were leading me, or is this the quickest way?" Depending on his answer, Neku was considering testing his theory about being able to use Psychs again, already pulling out six more Pins and pinning them onto his shirt, just in case.

--------------------
>pm
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 3  ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Affiliates
RPG-D
Tranquil v.1 Skin © Chakka 2008 // For Support Visit Here