Tarkya
 Posted: Nov 14 2017, 07:44 AM
>quote
Administrator
The Beast That Calls the Moon
91 posts 06/03/17
26 years Female (she/her)
The Other Rainforest Offline

If there was anything about this place that had Wol on edge, it was probably the smell of it all. Moreso than the masses of people or towering structures that made Ul'dah look like a backwater village, or the river of wheeled machina crawling in the streets, it was the acrid odor of something that similar to and yet entirely unlike the scent of burning ceruleum. It seemed to permeate everything here, and it'd nearly made him sick when he'd woken up here.

As for that... he was still working on that. Last Wol remembered he'd fallen asleep for his first decent rest in... well, a long time. At least, it had been decent until he'd woken up in what seemed like an Allagan nightmare. None of this felt like a dream, or even a particularly vivid vision, but it didn't seem quite real, either...

...and someone was staring at him again, muttering to their companion as they passed by as if he couldn't hear them. It was like none of the people here had seen an Au Ra before. Then again, he'd yet to see someone that wasn't a Hyur or maybe a Roegadyn since he'd showed up here, so maybe there was some truth in that thought...

--------------------
Your friendly neighborhood modlady.
Tyler | Dipole | Wolgan
Character Tracker/Plotter
>pm >email
^
Auragongal
 Posted: Nov 14 2017, 07:56 AM
>quote
20 posts 08/08/17
N/A years female/she, her, hers

Ariel was simply minding her own business as she explored Midas Square, mainly to see if anything about the area was familiar to her. So far, however, nothing came up on her radar and so, the visored woman in a blue, white and gray bodysuit was starting to feel uneasy about some of the looks she was getting.

Just stay calm, she thought to herself, You've mastered walking, and so you're not tripping over your feet anymore or moving around like a drunk... also, you've not tripped in over a week, so th---

"GAH! Not again!" she then shouted as she did indeed end up tripping, and as she stopped paying attention to where she was going... she was now headed for the horned lizard man in front of her.

So much for mastering walking....

--------------------
>pm >email
^
BP.
 Posted: Nov 14 2017, 08:01 AM
>quote
15 posts 09/27/17
N/A years Male/Him

There was one thing pestering Mag's fleeting head. That thought was rotting his brain like it's nobody's business. He needed to get that out or else he would explode.

Luckily, he saw two people walking by. One could only be described as a demon-looking nice guy and a robot with walking issues. Only they could unfaze his mind with such grievous thoughts.
He approached the two and calmly explained his situation.
"HEY YOU TWO HOW MANY LICKS DOES IT TAKE TO GET TO THE CENTER OF A TOOTSIE POP"
Indeed, wiser words were not ever uttered.

--------------------
Hey does anyone here knows where's the bathroom
>pm >email
^
Tarkya
 Posted: Nov 14 2017, 10:13 AM
>quote
Administrator
91 posts 06/03/17

Perhaps there's an Adventurer's Guild around here... or something like one? If it's a proper town, anyway-

That was the thought going through Wol's mind when two things happened - a sudden shout, and a person falling in his direction. With the grace of a man who'd spent perhaps a little too much time dodging things falling towards him, Wol stepped away - just in time to realize that the person had in fact tripped rather than mounted an attack on him.

"...oh, hells. Are you alright?" Wol bent down, offering a hand to the fallen woman.

--------------------
Tyler | Dipole | Wolgan
>pm >email
^
Auragongal
 Posted: Nov 14 2017, 10:26 AM
>quote
20 posts 08/08/17

Ariel ended up hitting the ground, though thankfully her visor stayed on this time. Of course, as she looked up at the stranger who dodged her at the last moment, she blushed a bit from embarrassment as she took his hand and stood up.

"Er, I-I'm fine!" She said with a small smile, "I-It's not the first time I tripped, but um, th-thank you f-for helping me up at least!"

Of course, when she heard someone speak up and ask about Tootsie pops, Ariel turned her head towards the source and tilted it to the side in confusion.

"What's a tootsie pop?"

--------------------
>pm >email
^
BP.
 Posted: Nov 14 2017, 10:48 AM
>quote
15 posts 09/27/17
N/A years Male/Him

Mag stopped, like he just saw someone set his house on fire, step on his cat, and punch his mom right in front of him. That young man was utterly shocked.
".....What is a tootsie pop, you say. What is a tootsie pop."
He stood still, utterly dumbfounded. It never even crossed his head that someone in the entire universe would be unaware of such sweet delicacies. He took a deep breath and clasped his hands, like he was about do drop the biggest "BOI" of the century, as kids those days would love to say. But instead, he opted for a more delicate approach, and smiled.
"Well....I'll just assume you don't know how many licks it takes and ....move on i guessohmygodthere'sagiantlizardduderightinfrontofme"
Quite quickly if i must say so myself, Magnus observed Wol's face. One can only wonder what things are running through the younging's head at this momen--
"Do you know how many licks does it take, giant lizard dude?"
--....or that, sure, whatever floats your boat.

--------------------
>pm >email
^
Tarkya
 Posted: Nov 14 2017, 12:58 PM
>quote
Administrator
91 posts 06/03/17

Wol nodded in return, smiling. "I'm glad. It's not every day I have someone tripping in my direction. You caught me off guard. Especially in light of..."

Of this city. The woman wearing something that was hardly clothing in front of him. The other man who had approached - apparently the person who had cried out earlier, calling him-

"...pardon, but I am an Au Ra. Not a 'lizard'," he said curtly. "As for your question... I fear I'm in the same position as the woman here. I don't know what a 'tootsie pop' is, let alone anything on how to get to its center."

All this was... very strange. It was also a little familiar. Wol wondered if this man's insistent queries counted as a mystery... and if he should start keeping an eye out for legs.

--------------------
Tyler | Dipole | Wolgan
>pm >email
^
Auragongal
 Posted: Nov 14 2017, 01:06 PM
>quote
20 posts 08/08/17

"Oh, um... I'm Ariel." the gray haired young woman then said as she adjusted her visor a bit, "And I probably used to know what a Tootsie pop was, but as of a week ago... I erm... don't remember anything, I mean, I got my name off of a street sign, but still... I er... w-welll..."

It was at this point, that Ariel started to feel nervous as she felt like she was probably making an idiot of herself as her face turned as red as a tomato.

"Um... a-anyway, what are your names and er... w-what's an Au Ra?"

--------------------
>pm >email
^
BP.
 Posted: Nov 14 2017, 01:27 PM
>quote
15 posts 09/27/17
N/A years Male/Him

Mag put his arm around Ariel's neck, resting his hand on her shoulder.
"I'm Mag, and you , robot girl, are about to go in one heck of a ride." He raised one finger. "Because i'm about to educate your sorry selves with the magnificence , the miracle, the sheer *amazingness* that is, a tootsie pop."
Upon saying those magnanimous words of utter wisdom that he probably just learned about yesterday, Magnus reached his pocket, branding two tootsie pops like a certain time-halting fabulous undead wields his knives. "NOW EAT THIS" , The kid claimed, as he rather unceremoniously.... shoves one of the sweets on Ariel's mouth. What a true genttleman. He turns his head to Wol.
"TAKE THIS TOO"
Again, he tries to show his dedication to the sugary delicacy in the most abrupt way possible, but this time he throws the lollipop in an perfect arc, aiming to land on the man's mouth. He's rather proud of his candy-throwing skills if i must say so myself.

--------------------
>pm >email
^
Tarkya
 Posted: Nov 14 2017, 02:27 PM
>quote
Administrator
91 posts 06/03/17

Well, this person sure was... "enthusiastic". Wol found himself stepping back as Magnus began to blather on about whatever a tootsie pop was. Whatever it was, it certainly sounded like the boy liked them. "My name is Wolgan Malaguld. As for an Au Ra, that's what I-"

-a motion like drawing a weapon, a sudden fling, the whistle of an object flying towards his face-

With eyes wide, Wol reached up and snatched the confection out of the air before it found its target. He stared down at the small, round object in his hand, and for a moment he found himself expecting the stick to light, and there was no place here to safely toss a bomb-

...it's not a bomb, is it. He glanced up at Magnus, back to his hand, and unwrapped the paper on the object, revealing the brightly colored candy beneath. "It's... just a sweet?"

--------------------
Tyler | Dipole | Wolgan
>pm >email
^
Auragongal
 Posted: Nov 14 2017, 02:41 PM
>quote
20 posts 08/08/17

Ariel blinked as Mag apparently jumped onto her shoulders, causing her to hold onto the kid as he puts a purple sucker into her mouth, thankfully unwrapped.

"Oh, it's not bad...." Ariel then said, shifting a bit so she could carry Mag in one arm as he held onto her shoulders, and using the other hand to hold onto the stick of the lollipop. "It... tastes kind of like grape, I think? I kind of prefer apples though, but this is pretty good too."

Of course, something that Mag called her caused her to sigh as she pulled the sucker out of her mouth.

"Also, I... don't think I'm a robot. I mean... I'm pretty sure Robots don't have a heartbeat according to Zepir." she said, before looking back at Wol, "Also, Mister Wolgan Malaguld, you were saying about the Au Ra? I'm kind of curious about what all you can do... er... s-sorry if it's prying a bit too much!"

--------------------
>pm >email
^
BP.
 Posted: Nov 14 2017, 03:24 PM
>quote
15 posts 09/27/17
N/A years Male/Him

"Oh, i'm glad you're able to savor the confectioned delicacy of the tootsie pop. But alas, not even I myself, a candy expert, am able to find out how many licks does it take to get to the center of it. It's a riddle for the ages." Having done that remark, he turned his head to Wol once more. "You should taste it too! Come on, you're not gonna regret it."
But then, an ephemerous thought passed through his probably semi-diabetic head. "Wait...if you guys have no idea what's a lollipop, then... does that mean you're also outsiders?" His initially troubled complexion turned into a joyous admiration and gleeful disposition. "OH MY GOD THEN I'M NOT ALONE ON THAT! I HAVE SO MUCH TO ASK!"
And then , all that came forth was a flood of unanswered inquiries, like "where do you come from" or "whats your world like", "where do you live right now" , and oddly enough, " how many candy canes can you fit on your mouth at once". Is there no stop to this madness?

--------------------
>pm >email
^
Tarkya
 Posted: Nov 14 2017, 04:13 PM
>quote
Administrator
91 posts 06/03/17

Wol looked down at the candy, and then at the kid in front of him - and they certainly acted childish enough to be called one. Or perhaps working with the Scions had left his perspective skewed.

He took a lick of the lollipop and made a face. It was very sweet. Too sweet for his tastes. If there was a flavor to the thing beyond that, he couldn't detect it.

"It's an... unusual flavor-" he started, before Mag began to bombard the both of them with questions about where they were from and how much candy he could fit in his mouth. He stepped back, and then raised his hands in what he hoped was a calming gesture. "Apologies... 'Mag', was it? I can only answer one question at a time."

--------------------
Tyler | Dipole | Wolgan
>pm >email
^
Auragongal
 Posted: Nov 14 2017, 04:26 PM
>quote
20 posts 08/08/17

As Mag once again asked questions that kept Wol from talking about himself, Ariel sighed and shifted her hold on the kid once again so he was facing her and spoke up.

"Listen, I don't know anything from before a week ago, so I can't really answer your questions, Mag." she said "Now, can you please be quiet so that Mister Wolgan Mamaguld can answer some questions I have?"

--------------------
>pm >email
^
BP.
 Posted: Nov 14 2017, 05:09 PM
>quote
15 posts 09/27/17
N/A years Male/Him

Magnus halted his exponentially espontaneous but frivolous acts of rapid-fire inquiries to catch his breath. Talking that fast wasn't so easy.
"Ok....i've....calmed down....*pant pant* But i still wanna know thi*pant pant*"
He rapidly grasped his heart with his left hand. He was truly devoid of any energy. Maybe the sugary stasified state ran off, but who can be sure?
"I'll just *pant pant* let the man speak."

--------------------
>pm >email
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Tranquil v.1 Skin © Chakka 2008 // For Support Visit Here