Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

> A Glint on Gold, Intro thread for Wol [Open]
Tarkya
 Posted: Feb 10 2018, 09:06 AM
>quote
Resident
118 posts Today at 11:12 am
N/A years she/her
Offline


Wol watched Magnus wander off with a familiar sense of resignation. It was a wonder the child had lasted as long as he had... but then again, he wasn't the first Wol had met with such inscrutable luck.

No matter. He turned his attention to Ariel, who had begun a conversation with the woman at the front desk. He listened as she detailed her situation in slightly more detail than their first introduction, and then removed her visor.

The receptionist stared with the same pleasant smile, apparently unfazed by Ariel's unusual eyes, and then began speaking. "If you wish to make use of the citizen registry, you will need to make a query at the department of licensing."

And that was all. Wol frowned, frustration simmering under the surface. Could this woman be any less helpful? He became aware of Ariel's humming in the background, and the flickering of the lights above...

Without warning, the receptionist seemed to perk up, eyes fluttering. "...however, you may be better served by contacting immigration. Their services are aimed towards assisting new Residents such as yourselves."

--------------------
Your friendly neighborhood modlady.
Tyler | Dipole | Wolgan
Character Tracker/Plotter
>pm
^
Auragongal
 Posted: Feb 10 2018, 09:09 AM
>quote
Resident
88 posts 08/08/17
26 years female/she, her, hers
Offline


"Oh, thank you." Ariel said, before she bit her lip, "Er...how do I contact Immigration though? Sorry, I'm still new at all this."

Apparently, she didn't even notice that her humming might have had an effect on things, but, at least she got herself a lead.

Hopefully.

--------------------
>pm >email
^
BP.
 Posted: Feb 10 2018, 09:49 AM
>quote
Newbie
The Man Without a Plan
28 posts 09/27/17
19 years Male/Him
Offline


While Wol and Ariel where talking, before any of those two would notice, Mag was already seen running towards the front door with a box of doughnuts in his hands, looking desperate. Behind him, there was a whole legion of officers running towards the boy due to the recent forced doughnut accquisition.

Before he could leave, he shouted at the cops behind him: "HEY JUST SO YOU KNOW THOSE TWO THERE AREN'T WITH ME, IN FACT I NEVER SAW THEM AND ANY FUTURE MISFORTUNES THAT MAY COME UPON ME MUST NOT BE REPLICATED UPON THEM, K THX BYE".

How did he say so much in such a small amount of time is beyond human comprehension, but somewhere, Eminem is crying and he doesn't know why.

And then, as quick as it happened, the police station was empty, save from Wol , Ariel, the counter lady, and a random cop who was asleep the whole time. Chaos came and went , quick and efemerous, like an angel's kiss.

--------------------
Hey does anyone here knows where's the bathroom
>pm >email
^
Tarkya
 Posted: Feb 11 2018, 09:34 AM
>quote
Resident
118 posts Today at 11:12 am
N/A years she/her
Offline


...

Well.

Wol stared at the doorway that Magnus had made such a spectacular exit through, then shook his head. "...I am loath to admit it, but that is not the strangest exit I've seen."

He turned back to the receptionist. Her expression seemed to be struggling with expressing any more emotion than her strained smile, but she was surely trying. "I am sure the child will be fine. If you wish, I can direct you to a phone that you can use, or provide you with directions to reach that location."

Wol nodded. It seemed that would be enough to help Ariel out. As for him...

On one hand, he needed to get back, and this person hopefully had the information needed to get him back. On the other hand, he wasn't sure how much attention he wanted to draw to himself. "I'm not particularly interested in immigration. Do you know the way to the nearest Aetheryte plaza?"

The receptionist went blank. "I'm sorry, I don't know what an Aetheryte is."

....oh gods damn it.

--------------------
Your friendly neighborhood modlady.
Tyler | Dipole | Wolgan
Character Tracker/Plotter
>pm
^
Auragongal
 Posted: Feb 11 2018, 09:42 AM
>quote
Resident
88 posts 08/08/17
26 years female/she, her, hers
Offline


"I think directions to Immigration's location will work better." Ariel said with a smile, "I have a feeling that just talking over the phone might not be as helpful as talking directly to people."

Though, she did start humming quietly again while Wol spoke with the receptionist, at least until she could get directions to Immigration, anyway. On the other hand, Ariel was also wondering why the receptionist seemed to force a smile and started to worry if perhaps she was getting annoyed with everyone coming into the station with their problems day in and day out.

--------------------
>pm >email
^
Tarkya
 Posted: Feb 18 2018, 11:24 AM
>quote
Resident
118 posts Today at 11:12 am
N/A years she/her
Offline


"Of course." The receptionist nodded. "Does your visor accept navigational data, or would you prefer a written guide?"

Wol left that question to Ariel - he was still wrapping his mind around the lack of something as basic as an Aetheryte. Until now he'd assumed that some kind of mishap had left him here - an aetherial gate, or some magical occurrence that had simply been knocked out of memory, or... something.

But to not just have an Aetheryte plaza, but to not even know what one was...

Gods, he wished that he had one of the Scions with him right now.

--------------------
Your friendly neighborhood modlady.
Tyler | Dipole | Wolgan
Character Tracker/Plotter
>pm
^
Auragongal
 Posted: Feb 27 2018, 03:32 PM
>quote
Resident
88 posts 08/08/17
26 years female/she, her, hers
Offline


"Umm... I'm not really sure what all this visor of mine can do." Ariel said, "I think a written guide will work though, thank you."

She then looked to Wol, and became concerned with how silent the man was, and decided to poke him in the arm before she spoke.

"Wol, is everything alright?"

--------------------
>pm >email
^
Tarkya
 Posted: Mar 17 2018, 09:18 AM
>quote
Resident
118 posts Today at 11:12 am
N/A years she/her
Offline


"Just a moment, then."

The receptionist went silent, staring dead ahead as a dot matrix printer on the desk began to screech. The combination of the sound and Ariel poking him was enough to startle Wol out of his reverie, though his eyes went to the offending electronic before he was able to focus on Ariel's question.

Oh, she's worried...

"I'm fine, Ariel. I was simply lost in thought." He was still watching the printer as it emitted a long strip of paper. The receptionist behind the desk moved towards in... in a motion that did not involve any standing up or the usual bob of a person walking.

Wol stared. What...?

The receptionist tore the paper free, and moved back to her original position with the same smooth, unnatural movement, and offered it to Ariel. "Here you go! Do you require any other assistance?"

--------------------
Your friendly neighborhood modlady.
Tyler | Dipole | Wolgan
Character Tracker/Plotter
>pm
^
Auragongal
 Posted: Mar 21 2018, 05:12 PM
>quote
Resident
88 posts 08/08/17
26 years female/she, her, hers
Offline


As Ariel watched the receptionist move much more gracefully than she ever hoped to, the gray-haired woman waited until she received the directions before speaking.

"Thank you, I think I'll be fine for now." Ariel said to the receptionist before turning to Wol again, "Wol, do you want to come with me to Immigration, or are you going to be fine on your own from here on out?"

--------------------
>pm >email
^
Tarkya
 Posted: Apr 27 2018, 10:08 PM
>quote
Resident
118 posts Today at 11:12 am
N/A years she/her
Offline


Once again, Wolgan was slow to respond. Not quite the same as his previous reverie, just... thinking. It made sense to go to this Immigration place, but at the same time...

It was a lot all at once, and such complex scenarios as this were never his strong suit. And while Ariel was certainly a kind woman, and doing her best to be helpful... well, she was just as lost as he was. No Alphinaud with his quick wit, no Urianger ready with a tome's worth of lore in mind...

Gods his missed them.

"I... need a moment to contemplate all this," he eventually said, uncrossing his arms. "I'll believe I'll be fine on my own. Will you be alright, Ariel?"

--------------------
Your friendly neighborhood modlady.
Tyler | Dipole | Wolgan
Character Tracker/Plotter
>pm
^
Auragongal
 Posted: Apr 28 2018, 08:15 AM
>quote
Resident
88 posts 08/08/17
26 years female/she, her, hers
Offline


"Don't worry, I'll be alright!" Ariel said as she smiled at Wol, "It was nice meeting you, Mister Wol, and I hope we get to see each other again sometime!"

With that, she then turned to leave the station, though she did stumble a little on the way out, she managed to not fall flat on her face. This was a small victory for her and as she looked down at the directions to Immigration, she felt one step closer to finding out just who or what she really was, and where she came from.

--------------------
>pm >email
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 3  ReplyNew TopicNew Poll


 


 


Affiliates
RPG-D
Tranquil v.1 Skin © Chakka 2008 // For Support Visit Here