ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

> Hop to It
Tarkya
 Posted: Sep 24 2017, 07:03 PM
>quote
Resident
118 posts Today at 11:12 am
N/A years she/her

Not many went to the City junkyard. It was a last resort sort of place, a place to sell off cars too totaled to repair, or electronics too old to bother upgrading. Old machinery and metal towered in piles, shifted around by robots as it was processed into something that could be sold. There was always a chance, though, of finding useful. You just needed to know how to look.

Light flickered from a pile of old televisions, most of them broken and dead. An intact television screen flashed off and on, off and on, before holding steady on a test pattern.

The pile shuddered. The television began to rise, along with the rest of the body that was attached to it. A figure that suggested something human rendered in metal and plastic, with an old CRT television instead of a head.

The robot turned its head left, and then right. The test pattern was replaced with a large question mark as it took in the surroundings.

Then, it made a show of brushing itself off, and started to explore.

--------------------
Your friendly neighborhood modlady.
Tyler | Dipole | Wolgan
Character Tracker/Plotter
>pm
^
eagerDigger
 Posted: Nov 30 2017, 06:47 PM
>quote
Resident
Civil Planner
301 posts 06/16/17
N/A years He/Him

The machine wasn't the only one in the junkyard, that night. A humanoid figure flew through the piles...it was flanked by two simplistic drones, which grabbed some metal and started to devour it, trying to compress it into their bodies. They needed to take it back to the home base in the park to recreate the drone factory, and maybe reconstitute back to full glory..though their advances were stymied by the defenses of the City's police and other similar threats.

The humanoid noticed the machine moving and flew over.

user posted image

"Greetings. Are you capable of independent thought? Can you say hello? Cruiser Tetron's 'avatar' spoke...his body that could be used to explore the city.
>pm
^
BP.
 Posted: Dec 1 2017, 09:49 AM
>quote
The Man Without a Plan
28 posts 09/27/17
19 years Male/Him

There wasn't much to do that night.
The moon was shining like always , Nöez's boots were wet because of a puddle she accidentaly stepped on, a random dog almost peed on her coat while she was asleep, and the best part about it was that she had yet to find a house to live in. Who would have thought that someone who was born literally a few days ago would be so bored.
That is, until she got back to the junkyard (AKA the closest thing she can call home) and saw so many people that weren't there before. And robots. Oh boy.
"hey. you people. what are you doing here? i thought this place was abandoned." She asked, scratching the back of her head, bored as all hell. "look im kinda tired so if you guys would be so kind as to not thrash the whole place, i would love you forever." And then she yawned.

--------------------
Hey does anyone here knows where's the bathroom
>pm >email
^
Tarkya
 Posted: Dec 2 2017, 09:47 AM
>quote
Resident
N/A years she/her

Boy, but there was a lot of things in this place! The robot had never seen a scrapyard, had only heard of it as some place that people who didn't like it threatened to send it. Not that the robot had ever even seen a scrapyard before, or could make the connection...

It was digging through a pile when it heard Tetron's voice, startling like a rabbit as it turned. A red exclamation point flickered on its face as it looked up at the flying humanoid speaking to it.

[!]

It bounced forward, screen flickering with scenery that remained for a heartbeat before moving on to the next. A speaker crackled, followed by a mechanical, feminine voice that sang up and down.

"I can say hello! Hello hello!" The wire loop "ears" attached to the side of her head were perked up, as the robot clasped it's hands behind her back. "You are flying! I though people needed a plane for that! That is interesting!"

She "stared" for a moment longer, until Nöez spoke up. Once again the robot turned, processing the new arrival. Then she waved cheerfully.

[//files.jcink.net/html/emoticons/smile.gif]

"Oh, another person! Hello!" The "smile" on her "face" flickered out of sight. "I am sorry, is this place yours? I have no desire to make a mess of the place!" She tiled her head, ears lowering slightly. "I do not mean to be more of a burden, but do either of you know the way to Olympus? I think I may be lost."

--------------------
Tyler | Dipole | Wolgan
>pm
^
eagerDigger
 Posted: Dec 3 2017, 02:34 PM
>quote
Resident
Civil Planner
301 posts 06/16/17
N/A years He/Him

Well, I have something like a smaller plane in my back. Tetron said, matter of factly. He was a bit charmed, though. She was obviously a bright new intelligence, or at least one that hasn't seen a lot of input. Then again...most intelligences hadn't experienced the amount he had.

Unfortunately this is by all probabilities far from anything you know. I witnessed the last star's dying grasp, and as the minuscule order that existed in all known space collapsed. Whatever this is, this is not the universe...I am lead to believe.

The drones continued to start eating scrap, absorbing it in front of Noez.

This belongs to no one here. If it was desired, it would not be in a place of refuse.
>pm
^
BP.
 Posted: Dec 3 2017, 04:06 PM
>quote
The Man Without a Plan
28 posts 09/27/17
19 years Male/Him

Well that was...something. She barely got back 'home' and there already was someone that made her question her short existence by bringing up talks of alternate realities. What a turn of events. But alas, Noëz wasn't having none of it.

"look i dont know who you are, what olympus is, or what all this talk about alternate universes or realities or whatever so if you would be so kind as to just let me go to bed tonight id be most delighte---wait you there are you a robot? oh dear you are! good to see a robot after all this time! and by all this time i mean like some days" Nöez then approached the she-bot and put her left arm around her, like they were friends for years. "so, im named nöez. whats your name, sweetheart?"

--------------------
>pm >email
^
Tarkya
 Posted: Dec 8 2017, 08:44 AM
>quote
Resident
N/A years she/her

Dipole was silent, lines and colors flickering across her screen as Tetron spoke. That was... a lot of words! Words that didn't quite make sense to her, at least not in the order that the flying machine was saying them.

The other person, though! She had more normal words and actions, even if Dipole wasn't sure how much she liked them. When Noez put her arm over her should, her screen flashed red in warning before she quickly pulled away. "I do not appreciate you touching me without permission, miss!" She punctuated her words with an exaggerated show of frustration - clenched fists, stiff shoulders - before it all melted away. "My name is Dipole, and Olympus is where I work!" She pointed a thumb at herself. "I'm the DJ!"

--------------------
Tyler | Dipole | Wolgan
>pm
^
eagerDigger
 Posted: Dec 8 2017, 09:41 AM
>quote
Resident
Civil Planner
301 posts 06/16/17
N/A years He/Him

Oh, interesting. Well. Welcome to the City, then. I suppose I should introduce myself to a newcomer. The machine lowers itself onto the ground, approaching. It was still tall, even if not quite as large as its main body. I am Cruiser Tetron. It is a pleasure, Dipole. He offered his hand for it. Noez was a bit of a nuisance to him, but nothing he needed to address unless they were being rude still.
>pm
^
BP.
 Posted: Dec 9 2017, 07:56 AM
>quote
The Man Without a Plan
28 posts 09/27/17
19 years Male/Him

"nice to meet you both. also hey dipole you're a dj huh. first time i meet a dj! though that's not really saying much now is it..." And then a pause.
"well then dips - can i call you dips - , i'll assume olympus is like a partyhouse or something, since you're their dj...so, what kinds of songs you play? personally i'm more of a classical rock fan, but hey electro music is fine too! to each their own..." And then her head turned to Cruiser. "and you? what songs you like?"
She didn't wait for an answer though, as she immediately took her hands off Dipole and procceded to put her arms behind her head and started humming songs. Maybe she was getting more tired by the second.

--------------------
>pm >email
^
Tarkya
 Posted: Dec 12 2017, 07:17 PM
>quote
Resident
N/A years she/her

Dipole shook the offered hand eagerly, warm colors pulsing across her screen. "Tetron, Noez, it is good to meet you!"

Her handshake went on perhaps a bit long, as she curiously investigated the metal hand of the robotic avatar before releasing it abruptly. "You have a very good costume, Tetron! You must get many compliments!"

She stepped back shortly after with a bouncing step, and turned towards Noez with a more erratic shift of color across her screen. "Music I... like? Music... I like..."

There was a moment of absolute stillness, save for the flash of colors on Dipole's screen. Then she sprang into motion once again with a cheerful flick of her antenna. "If it makes people want to dance, then I like it! And that's why I really need to go back to Olympus soon!'

--------------------
Tyler | Dipole | Wolgan
>pm
^
eagerDigger
 Posted: Dec 13 2017, 09:19 PM
>quote
Resident
Civil Planner
301 posts 06/16/17
N/A years He/Him

I am not in costume. I am a machine. An avatar of a larger one, to be specific. But. I must confess. I do not think your club is present here. Or if it is, it must be deeper in the City. On the question over music, Tetron thought for a moment before saying: If you have to know...I've always been partial to electronic. Things that soothe the mind. He played a little sample of an old tune he'd liked

"The Stars Come Out", by Brother Android.A relatively chippy little tune, it's soft and smooth and slow...

But. It is not the thing to play at a celebration, is it?
>pm
^
BP.
 Posted: Jan 6 2018, 06:04 AM
>quote
The Man Without a Plan
28 posts 09/27/17
19 years Male/Him

".....snoooooore...oh....oh yeah celebrate and all that jazz....yeah sorry i kinda fell asleep midway through your speech. sorry. look in my defense i'm kinda trying to have a good night sleep but then you guys showed up and then....then....."
And then another snore. Yup. No doubt about it. She fell asleep. Right there. Standing still. Somehow. And there was no apparent signs of waking up in this current century.

--------------------
>pm >email
^
Tarkya
 Posted: Jan 9 2018, 08:27 PM
>quote
Resident
N/A years she/her

Dipole grew silent as the song played, her screen cycling through simple visualizers as the song played. There was the soft tap-tap of a finger to the the beat of the song. It continued until the last strains of the melody faded away, and the construct was quiet for a moment longer before suddenly snapping upright with a twitch of her antennae.

"Hmmmmm... it is a bit too slow for even a slow dance! It is more like a lullaby, isn't it?" She shrugged, rocking back and forth again. "But it is still a very pretty song! I see why you like it!"

She turned to Noez, an exclamation point flashing on her monitor in response to the sleeping person. "Oh. She is asleep. Should we wake her...?" A smile appeared on her screen. "I am good at waking people up!"

There was a bit of a note of... pride? Amusement? It was hard to pick out in Dipole's synthesized tones.

--------------------
Tyler | Dipole | Wolgan
>pm
^
eagerDigger
 Posted: Feb 10 2018, 12:43 PM
>quote
Resident
Civil Planner
301 posts 06/16/17
N/A years He/Him

As I said...it was to soothe the mind more than any form of excitement. Tetron seemed s bit amused at the sleeping form of Noez. I believe the saying is..."drop the beat." He said, as the drones gathered the material... eventually creating a strange crawling machine with a plump belly emerges FROM the construction. Ready to go and complete it's objective. Expanding the center base.
>pm
^
Tarkya
 Posted: Feb 16 2018, 06:14 PM
>quote
Resident
N/A years she/her

"Okay!" A smile flashed on Dipole's screen, her synthesized voice expressing far more joy than should really be possible.

But how could she not! There was always something so entertaining about watching someone hop awake to a good, strong beat!

She walked up to Noez, humming cheerfully, and raised her hands. There was a speaker embedded in each palm, and as she hummed they began to thrum to life. This was a sound she'd played often, whenever her 'caretakers' were sleeping through an alarm on an important day.

"I have heard this called the loudest sound in the world! I do not know if it is, but it is very good at this. Wake up, Noez!

And with that, Dipole pumped up the volume.

--------------------
Tyler | Dipole | Wolgan
>pm
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Affiliates
RPG-D
Tranquil v.1 Skin © Chakka 2008 // For Support Visit Here