> Mechanical Flame
Raelyn Sentinal
 Posted: Nov 29 2017, 02:02 PM
>quote
Resident
Resident cat-girl
676 posts 06/15/17
19 years Female

Kantia marched along through the City, looking about as it drew closer to night. She didn't know the dangers of the night here. Her eyes watched people and other things, trying to find anything useful for her hunt for the Crimson Denizen. Her whole life had been dedicated to this hunt for the past five years.

That and she needed to find out a few things about this place that she had forgotten to ask Robert. So... Maybe someone else who wasn't from here could help? Granted it wasn't easy to tell.
>pm
^
eagerDigger
 Posted: Nov 30 2017, 04:35 PM
>quote
Resident
Civil Planner
301 posts 06/16/17
N/A years He/Him

George had managed to establish himself a little more. He needed regular money now, right? So...he took to a small job repairing computer terminals. The young man laughed as he threw a small multi-tool in his hand up, then caught it again...His goggles on as he did. "Well, that should be a-okay." He slams the open hatch on the console closed, stretching as he did... "Another day, another dollar. Yataaa~" George grinned. "Hm...time for another sweeper check." He took out a small, strange box. With the press of a button...Kantia hears her phone ring. George looks over. "Hey, it worked. You're not from this town, right?"
>pm
^
Raelyn Sentinal
 Posted: Nov 30 2017, 04:42 PM
>quote
Resident
Resident cat-girl
676 posts 06/15/17
19 years Female

Kantia jumped and fumbled with her phone for a moment, having been looking at the internet to find out what city she was in exactly.

"Hello!?" She asked the caller on the other end with an urgent voice, thinking it was Robert in her haste to answer it. After all, she doubted she would be receiving calls from other Flame Haze if what Robert had said was true.

There was no luck as Kantia heard the caller on the phone and behind her, causing her to squeak and turn around.

"Wha... How did you... Get..." Kantia points at her phone then looks at George. A couple seconds of confusion. Just... How was someone supposed to react to being called by the person standing behind them and having had no prior contact with this person?
>pm
^
eagerDigger
 Posted: Nov 30 2017, 04:59 PM
>quote
Resident
Civil Planner
301 posts 06/16/17
N/A years He/Him

"I bet it's surprising...but no worries." He turns off the ringer. "I had this hooked up to try and find people like me. See...It's meant to call phones that aren't from this City. I'm a person from outside the city, ya see, and I've been hoping that maybe by finding others I could figure out what the pattern is. Plus...you know.." He rubs the back of his head. George was a bit embarrassed to admit "Bein' all alone in a big bustling city is kind of a bad deal, isn't it?"
>pm
^
Raelyn Sentinal
 Posted: Nov 30 2017, 05:23 PM
>quote
Resident
Resident cat-girl
676 posts 06/15/17
19 years Female

Kantia frowned at the... Slightly taller boy. If she were able to age she'd probably be taller than him! Oh that's fustrati- wait, wasn't she doing something, oh right!

She clicked the screen of her phone off and put it in her pocket. "Another person from outsides the city?" She asked... Why would someone be actively looking out others from outside the city? It wasn't like foreigners were some weird concept and really. "Why you looking for outsiders? Are they uncommon or something? I mean... It's not like the City is isolated from the rest of the world." She laughed quietly to try and add something to her thoughts...
>pm
^
eagerDigger
 Posted: Nov 30 2017, 05:33 PM
>quote
Resident
Civil Planner
301 posts 06/16/17
N/A years He/Him

"You'd be wrong on that. I don't remember how I got here...and there doesn't seem to be any way to leave. I asked around...Nobody knows anything outside of the City. Hell. They don't even have a name for it because it's the only City they know, anywhere. There's no flights or boats out of the city, or to anywhere...It's like nothing beyond the docks really exists. It's kinda worrying. " George said. "Uncommon? A little. They're certainly unique..oh, yeah. Name's George. Howdy." He said, looking like he has the edge off at least.
>pm
^
Raelyn Sentinal
 Posted: Nov 30 2017, 05:41 PM
>quote
Resident
Resident cat-girl
676 posts 06/15/17
19 years Female

Okay that's the second person to try and tell her that... It... Couldn't be possible right? Right? Well, anyway... He did give her plenty of information, no matter how odd. She folded her arms across her chest and put most her weight on her right leg.

"I... See." She thought for a moment. "Oh! That device you have, may I see it?" She asks as she looses some tenseness to her. Her stance relaxing.

"Can it track phone signals or tell if one is broadcasting?" She asks, getting a tiny bit closer, this guy would serve a purpose after all... That wasn't freaking her out.
>pm
^
eagerDigger
 Posted: Nov 30 2017, 05:45 PM
>quote
Resident
Civil Planner
301 posts 06/16/17
N/A years He/Him

"Not yet. She's a prototype. All she can do is call every non-City phone in a city block right now. I just kind of listen for the ringing every street or so. Since I'm on the clock right now repairing stuff around the city, it just so happened we met." George wouldn't lie...she was super cute. He didn't mind as she approached, letting her see. "Once I get some money and more parts I'm hoping to maybe make a mapping program. " He was pretty proud of it. "Cool, huh?"
>pm
^
Raelyn Sentinal
 Posted: Nov 30 2017, 06:02 PM
>quote
Resident
Resident cat-girl
676 posts 06/15/17
19 years Female

Kantia nods. "Yes, please let me see." She says quickly.

"I uh, need something to track service in the City, in case an outage happens so I can go check it out." She didn't exactly want to say why there would be an outage or something. "Just something to occasionally ping and return a signal if there isn't a response for a bit of time." Kantia says, not realizing she had gotten closer to the boy with each passing second, not the best with conversation etiquette she wasn't.
>pm
^
eagerDigger
 Posted: Nov 30 2017, 06:11 PM
>quote
Resident
Civil Planner
301 posts 06/16/17
N/A years He/Him

"Sounds like a plan, miss. Could I please know your name...? If we're going to be workin together a bit, I mean." He said, blushing a little as she got closer to his side...he leaned in a bit to show a small screen on the box. "Yeah, I could set it up to just display the pings it gets back easy. It already kinda does that." He hits it again, her phone rings but she also sees on the screen a sort of radar ping as other phones around them are detected but not called.

"Easy peasy."
>pm
^
Raelyn Sentinal
 Posted: Nov 30 2017, 06:19 PM
>quote
Resident
Resident cat-girl
676 posts 06/15/17
19 years Female

... And now was a tough decision... She couldn't really say her title to this guy now could she? She looked at the screen... Then pulled her phone from her pocket to make it shut up. "Kantia." She says, tilting her head slightly.

"Oh, what I need is more something like... If something stops sending a signal, then ping me. If... That makes sense." Kantia frowned lightly.

"What you did just now was actually similar to what I need, but sending out a constant... Detection I guess... I've not a clue how this works really, I barely even use the phone..." She sighs, looking through the contacts at the other Flame Hazes... Their titles written down instead of their actual names. The only thing out of place was Robert's name.
>pm
^
eagerDigger
 Posted: Dec 1 2017, 05:25 AM
>quote
Resident
Civil Planner
301 posts 06/16/17
N/A years He/Him

"Hm...I kinda see it." George nodded. "But is that all you really need? If you didn't know about the City already, you must be pretty new. Do you got somewhere to stay, or something?" He said, a bit concerned. He was always a sucker for a pretty face after all. "Cause...I mean, if you want someone to show you around or need to rest your head for a hot minute I wouldn't mind." The young man said. "It's lonely being in a new place without someone having your back, right? And I don't want anyone to feel that."
>pm
^
Raelyn Sentinal
 Posted: Dec 1 2017, 06:31 AM
>quote
Resident
Resident cat-girl
676 posts 06/15/17
19 years Female

Kantia took a small step away as she began to think. She didn't have a place to stay or anything like that so... Maybe it would be a good idea to take up his offer? But then there was a greater chance of things going wrong...

"I'm used to being alone in places I've never been." Kantia answered and looked around a small bit. "Though... Having a place to come back to would ne nice..." She mutters to herself. Her hand went to her chin as she thought.
>pm
^
eagerDigger
 Posted: Dec 1 2017, 09:18 AM
>quote
Resident
Civil Planner
301 posts 06/16/17
N/A years He/Him

"Well..don't feel forced." George nodded. "I just like meeting new people is all. Seems like a rough life you lead, Kantia." He said. "I can help out with the sensor once I get some time. I'm guessing some kind of issue with a tech-based problem?" He was guessing she had issues with maybe something like an EMP-generating phenomena, or similar.
>pm
^
Raelyn Sentinal
 Posted: Dec 1 2017, 11:11 AM
>quote
Resident
Resident cat-girl
676 posts 06/15/17
19 years Female

Kantia blinked a couple times. "Well um, if you're gonna offer to let me stay at your place, you should at least tell me your name." Kantia states as she folds her arms across her chest. Like she had said a few seconds ago, she kinda needed a base of operations or a place to return to that wasn't going to ask questions with her coming and going as she pleases.

"And my problem is more that something stops signal from going through in places and I need to find the source of that."
>pm
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (5) 1 2 3 ... Last » ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Affiliates
RPG-D
Tranquil v.1 Skin © Chakka 2008 // For Support Visit Here