Tarkya
 Posted: Jan 2 2018, 07:21 PM
>quote
Administrator
The Beast That Calls the Moon
91 posts 06/03/17
26 years Female (she/her)
The Other Rainforest Offline

"I shit you not, they call their money 'currency' around here." Tyler unconsciously patted her back pocket for the shape of her wallet. "I got lucky and woke up with a working bank card. Anything else you'll have to take to a bank to convert it."

She led the way through the crowd with the practiced walk of someone used to moving through malls as quickly as possible. It wasn't too far to the food court, a large, glass-domed atrium lined on the side with food places that were almost but not quite the usual food court staples.

"Take your pick. If it looks like something you recognize, it probably tastes about the same."

--------------------
Your friendly neighborhood modlady.
Tyler | Dipole | Wolgan
Character Tracker/Plotter
>pm >email
^
Soulwithlife
 Posted: Jan 3 2018, 01:28 PM
>quote
Rise from the ashes
40 posts 12/20/17
N/A years They/them/their

Lexa rummaged through her pockets as she walked, letting Tyler carve the way. Her wallet, complete with one hundred pounds and a debit card, remained untouched, as did her 3DS case. Whether the card or the DS actually worked was another question, but hey, silver linings.

"Take your pick. If it looks like something you recognize, it probably tastes about the same."

Lexa returned her belongings to her pockets and looked around, rubbing her tired eyes. While the names were unfamiliar, she recognised the usual gamut of fast food places, complete with absurdly long lines. Off to one side, a smaller chicken place had a much more meagre queue, though it didn't look like the cleanest place. Two middle-aged men manned the counter, both on their phone at opposite ends of the shop.

Well, nothing like a bit of antisocial behaviour to bring the flavour out.

"Dean's SFC," Lexa said, pointing. "Quick, basic, cheap. Perfect."

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
>pm
^
Tarkya
 Posted: Jan 9 2018, 08:01 PM
>quote
Administrator
The Beast That Calls the Moon
91 posts 06/03/17
26 years Female (she/her)
The Other Rainforest Offline

"Sounds good." Now that she thought about it, when was the last time she'd had something to eat? Tyler had been so busy that she'd lost track. Man, she was going to be so happy to have a proper kitchen again...

She walked up to the counter, looking to see if there was any sort of self-serve kiosk... apparently not. Maybe that was why the lines were shorter here? Whatever the case, there was still enough of a line to have time to look at the menu.

"I'm just gonna get a big bucket of chicken, I think." She glanced back at Lexa, who was digging in her pockets. "Like I said, I'll cover, but if you'd rather buy your own extras I won't stop you."

Hm, original or extra-crispy... I wonder if it's going to be as greasy as the stuff back home...

--------------------
Your friendly neighborhood modlady.
Tyler | Dipole | Wolgan
Character Tracker/Plotter
>pm >email
^
Soulwithlife
 Posted: Jan 12 2018, 07:05 PM
>quote
Rise from the ashes
40 posts 12/20/17
N/A years They/them/their

"Dunno if money works," said Lexa. "Taking inventory, checking shit, y'know."

There was only one person in front, so Lexa took a quick glance at the menu. Chicken did sound good, but it'd grease up her fingers something fierce, and it was never fun to go from that to playing the DS.

"Double cheeseburger meal with, uh...knock-off Tango," she said, looking uncertainly at the drink selection. "Comes with chips, fries, whatever. Both good."

As the person in front took their exit, one of the chicken shop men nodded to Tyler. "Y'alright? Dean's SFC here for ya chicken needs. What can I get ya?"

Lexa repeated her order, and he dutifully typed it in the till. Once Tyler reported on her own, he followed it up with, "Yeah, be about five, six minutes? Chill there for a sec, alright alright?"

Lexa took a quick look behind her, but it seemed most mall shoppers preferred the franchised fast food options. Well, whatever. Worked for her.

"So," she said, "figure you ain't feeding me for no reason. Something to say? Need a favour? Got some magic asshole you need killing?"

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
>pm
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Tranquil v.1 Skin © Chakka 2008 // For Support Visit Here